formula 1 bosses named lewis hamilton 2016 best driver
Formula 1 season of 2016 is over with Nico Rosberg (Mercedes) as the newly crowned Champion and yet in a poll to name the best driver landed Lewis Hamilton as number one.
All the eleven formula 1 teams have to award points to decide who the top 10 racing pilots are after the 21 races of the 2016 season which ended in Abu Dhabi based on their respective track performances.
This kind of poll allows formula 1 team bosses make their honest choices in secret ballots ofcourse, and this is where facts comes into play as we saw Lewis Hamilton won total of 10 GP races but was more mechanical problems that eventually cost him the world championship by as little as 5 points to his team mate Nico Rosberg. The poll indicated another surprising fact that Hamilton did better this season than 2015.
Lewis hamilton finished with 51 points ahead of Max Vestappen of Red bull who came second. Remember the young breed took the Barcelona GP among other eye-catching races this season. The now current world formula 1 champion, Nico Rosberge (Mercedes Benz Pilot) who took the world champion title with a total of 9 wins hit the 3rd spot.
The standing list of 2016 best drivers top 10 boss choices are:
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes), 234 points
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull), 183 points
- Nico Rosberg (Mercedes), 176 points
- Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull), 133 points
- Sebastian Vettel ( Ferrari), 90 points
- Fernando Alonso (McLaren), 67 points
- Kimi Raikonen (Ferrari), 61 points
- Sergio Perez (Force India), 52 points
- Valtteri Bottas (Williams), 26 points
- Carlos Sainz Jr (Scuderia Toro Rosso), 25 points
The Motorsports initiative was voted for by:
- Christian Horner of Red Bull
- Fred Vasseur of Renault
- Toto Wolff of Mercedes
- Franz Tost of Toro Rosso
- Gunther Steiner of Haas
- Eric Boullier of McLaren
- Claire Williams of Williams
- Maurizio Arrvabene of Ferrari
- Vijay Mallya of Force India
- Monisha Kaltenborn of Sauber
- Dave Ryan of Manor
Formula 1 and fans are saying good bye to Jenso Button. The formula 1 champion of 2009 with Brown GP. Felipe Massa ( He came second in 2008 and Lewis hamilton took his first world championship of formula 1.